Art and neuroscience to change minds about behaviour
Celebrating, honouring, and employing the power of neurodivergent minds
- Design, publication and broadcast of neurodiversity and neurodivergence positive educational and support resources.
- Mentoring help for parents to look for and understand their children's complex strengths so that they can get back to loving the adventure of parenting by empowering the whole family.
- Affordable training and resources for teachers managing classes with diverse students. Deepening understanding of the ways neurodivergent minds benefit from different motivational tactics to neurotypical minds, so that they can achieve the best from and for their students by providing a truly inclusive environment.
- Workshops, engaging activities, therapeutic play, mentoring and resources for neurodivergent children, their peer groups and schools that provide a helpful insight into neurological differences, strengths and behaviours and boost neurodivergent esteem.
- Mentoring and neuroscience backed coach approach support for neurodivergent individuals exploring and embracing their neurology and particular strengths. Balancing stepping more fully into their own unmasked nature while prioritising self-care and respect for how their unique neurology works best.
- Consultation, neurodivergence positive resources and training for support staff of peoplewho may use behaviour and actions to communicate when they find things challenging.
- Consultation, resources and training for businesses/managers to effectively support neuro-not-so-typical and neurodivergent staff. To develop clear understanding of neurodivergence and inclusive practice.
I highly recommend Julia's work and the services she provides
I have a recently diagnosed autistic child. Although prior to his diagnoses he displayed some challenging behaviours. Julia gave me insights to help me understand my son's behaviour, how to understand and best support him. So life at home is now much easier and I can enjoy life with my son.
Her approach is fresh progressive and child centred. She is so wise and down to earth some of her advice not only made sense but is life changing and made me reassess my own thought processes and attitude to parenting and life in general....
...The most important aspect for me is seeing the strengths my child has and working with those to build in his skills. Julia gave me step by step support for different situations that my child and I found difficult as well as time, effort, understanding, and care beyond expectation. I highly recommend her work and the services she provides
These simply stunning resources are the product of combining the unbelievably creative natural talent and inspiring imagination of the designer, with a next level understanding of neurobiological function and developmental difference and diversity across the age and ability spectrum. Thank you for this incredibly thought provoking activity pack. These resources will be wonderful for teaching young people about their truly unique brains Stephanie Anderson, Creative Intergrative Psychotherapist.
These resources are breathtakingly beautiful! They are well designed; easy to use and understand; and brilliant at helping all people to understand neuro diversity... This should be compulsory learning for primary age children so that the spectrum of neuro diversity can be understood and accepted from a young age... It's about time we started celebrating our differences rather than ostracising those who don't "fit" the "normal" mould. Well done on producing this amazing material EA
I’ve just downloaded my pack. These resources are unique. I’ve never seen anything like them before. They are going to be invaluable in engaging children and helping them learn about their own unique brain wiring.
KL, Social Worker.
© Copyright Complex Strengths